Tompkins Drive Road Construction will start soon. The road will remain open.
Driveway & Parking Impact:
- Tompkins Dr. will be closed to thru traffic within the project limits.
- Local access will be provided.
- No parking is allowed within the construction zone during working hours (7AM – 7PM).
- You can park in the Unity Parking lot or on adjacent streets.
- Buses will be detoured off of Tompkins Dr. during construction.
- Access will be allowed at intersections with cross streets as much as possible.
- Please use extra care in the vicinity of the construction.
Once the work is done we will have a beautiful new street, curb and sidewalk which is something to be thankful for. Spirit/God is putting many new things before us as we grow in spirit with all our wonderful fellow congregation friends/members.
– The Board of Trustees
The elves are gathering everything to make this Christmas in July special for Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS). We learned that most people who require shelter stay for 45 days. It costs $3,375 to support a client during that stay, which includes shelter, food, personal and housing advocacy, support groups, and legal advocacy, just to name the larger services. This amounts to $75 per day.
We are setting a goal of paying for two client stays of 45 days. Each Sunday, we’ll tell you about a specific service that your money will pay for. Of course, we’d love it if everyone can pay for a day or more, but also know that amount isn’t possible for everyone. Every penny adds up toward the goal!
Unity has contributed to Christmas in July for 12 years. DAIS has thrived during that time due to your help and the help of the entire community. “When Love Goes Wrong” (the title of a well-known book), illustrates how demonstrations of care from others mean everything.
Look for our display table during the month of July. Thank you for your generosity!
Christmas in July Team:
Jeanne DePrey, Michelle Honoré, Karen Lund, Dave Pauly and Jennifer Parker